Working at a desk for 7 or more hours a day can be tiring on your muscles as much as it is with you dealing mentally of the workload for that day.
These are #NFSM top 10 exercises to help you feel better at the end of the day.
- Yawn- this helps to relax your facial muscles and activate your Vagus Nerve.
- Neck pump- Gently lean your right ear to your right shoulder, then to the centre repeat 10 times before moving to the left side.
- Neck stretch- Look over your right shoulder, place your right hand on your left cheek and gentle push your head into your hand while resisting. Hold for 10 seconds, gently move your head, so you are looking further over your right shoulder. Repeating the other side.
- Shoulder shrugs- Push your shoulders towards your ears in a pumping action, repeat 30 times.
- Shoulder Rolls- Gently roll your shoulders backwards for 30 seconds.
- Pec Stretch- Put your hands behind your head and bring your elbows backwards, hold 15 seconds.
- Mid Spine Extension- Gently drop your head back and then your upper back over the seat. Hold for 15 Seconds and repeat 3 times.
- Fingers- Scrunch your fingers up quickly as if you are making a fist for 30 seconds.
- Upper body pump- Arms out in front, palms facing the ceiling. First bend your wrist, then elbow and then shoulders. Then unfold and repeat 10 times.
- Take a minute to concentrate on your breathing, is it shallow? Breathe in through your nose for the count of 7 seconds, hold your breath for 7 seconds and slowly release your breath through your nose for 7 seconds.
If you would prefer, we can take help take this tension away with an hour sports massage session. This session can help you feel more relaxed, breathe better, move better, and think better.